1. How do I enroll?
It’s easy to enroll. Just call us at 1-855-422-0395. Or click on enroll now to enroll online.
2. Do you only compare the three plans mentioned?
The three plans we compare have been carefully selected to benefit a wide spectrum of calling patterns while enhancing your savings. So whenever or wherever you call, you always benefit from great rates. We also give you the choice to replace one of the plans with your existing plan, or one from a list of over 50 plans
3. Which plans will Sears Connect ComparAction compare all of my long distance calls against?
Your calls will be compared to these three plans:
- Primus – 5 cents per minute anytime to Canada and the US.
- Rogers – Unlimited calling to select Asian Pacific countries and 5 cents per minute anytime to Canada and the US.
- Your provincial telephone company – a leading competitive plan has been selected from your area. Call or click featured plans for more details.
We also give you the choice to replace one of the plans with your existing plan, or one from a list of over 50 plans
4. Will I ever pay a network or plan fee?
Total plan costs and savings include existing network and plan fees that apply to the pre-selected plans. You pay whatever fees would be charged by the providers in the comparison. However, unlike other service providers, in a month without usage, you will not pay any fees or charges whatsoever.
5. Are there any other fees associated with Sears Connect ComparAction?
NONE. There are NO contracts to sign, NO activation fees or cancellation fees, and NO fees for doing the comparison. You only pay the fees the providers would have charged for the long distance usage.
6. How is my local phone bill affected?
You’ll continue to receive a bill from your local phone company for your local services and any operator assisted calls, but long distance fees will be removed.
7. Will my local or long distance service be interrupted?
No, making the switch to Sears Connect ComparAction will not affect your local or long distance service – the process is entirely seamless.
8. Do all long distance calls qualify?
All direct-dial long distance calls qualify for the program. However, any operator-assisted or collect long distance calls do not qualify for the Sears Connect ComparAction program. These will be billed to you by your local service provider.
9. How long does it take before I can take advantage of the Sears Connect ComparAction program?
Once you enroll, it will take approximately 5-10 business days before your phone line will become active within the Sears Connect ComparAction program.
10. How do I pay for my Sears Connect ComparAction long distance charges?
There are several ways to pay for Sears Connect ComparAction such as regular invoice, pre authorized banking payments and pre authorized credit card payments. Be sure to provide your Sears Club™ Rewards Card when signing up as you will not only earn Sears Club™ Points for every dollar spent but you will also receive an additional 5X the Sears ClubTM Points on your long distance charges. If you are not a current Sears Club Rewards member, visit us in-store, sears.ca/searsclub or call 1-844-395-0025 to join.
11. When can I expect my first usage summary?
If you have made long distance calls, you will receive your first Sears Connect ComparAction usage summary within four to six weeks. If you have any questions regarding your usage summary, please call 1-855-422-0395
12. Are my usage summaries viewable online?
Yes. You have access to your usage summary online 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Choose to receive your statement online when enrolling, or call our customer service and an agent will be glad to help.
13. How will I know that I'm really saving?
The Sears Connect ComparAction usage summary clearly demonstrates your savings by calculating what your calls would have cost under each of the competitive plans being compared. It then clearly identifies the winning plan for each billing cycle and shows your savings.
14. How many home phone lines can I enroll?
As many as you would like. You will receive a usage summary detailing all the calls made on each line and the total for all these lines. If you choose to have an unlimited plan in the comparison you will receive two separate statements showing the calls for each of your lines.
15. Are there any extra numbers to dial when making long distance calls from home?
There are no extra numbers to dial. You make long distance calls the same way you make them now. Simply dial one (1) and then the number you wish to call.
16. I already have one of the plans you're comparing. Why would I switch?
You probably never noticed, but if you’re like most people, your calling habits change on an ongoing basis. Switching to Sears Connect ComparAction gives you the flexibility to make calls whenever and wherever you want and the reassurance that you’ll benefit from our best rates. Furthermore, even if your current long distance plan wins, by enrolling in Sears Connect ComparAction you earn 5X the Sears ClubTM
Points in addition to your regular points when you apply your Sears Club™ Rewards Card to your account. If you are not a current Sears Club Rewards member, visit us in-store, sears.ca/searsclub
or call 1-844-395-0025 to join.
17. Do you offer a guarantee on the savings?
If you are not completely satisfied with the program, all you need to do is call us within 30 days of your first Sears Connect ComparAction statement and we will refund you up to $50 worth of long distance charges. For more information please visit our Customer Care page.
18. How can Sears Connect ComparAction offer such great rates?
We can offer great long distance rates because we’ve negotiated attractive wholesale rates on your behalf.
19. What about Sears Connect other/grandfathered plans?
These plans are NO LONGER available for new enrollment. They have been replaced by the Sears Connect ComparAction service. For information on your current Sears Connect Long Distance plan call 1-800-445-0303.